Thursday, July 07, 2011

Dry Prawns Chutney



Ingredients :

3/4 cup dry Prawns
1/2 cup of dessicated or fresh coconut
2 dry red chillies
2 green chillies
1 " pc of ginger
3 flakes of garlic
1 lemon size ball of tamarind
2 big onions chopped finely
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt


Dry roast the prawns on slow flame in a frying pan till nice aroma emits, pound it coarsely. Keep it aside.



In a dry grinder grind the dry chillies, green chillies, garlic & tamarind to a nice coarse mixture.



Take 2 tbsp oil in a pan, heat the oil, add chopped onions and brown them.




Add the coconut and let it brown. Now add the coarse ground spice mixture.



Add the pounded roasted shrimps. Add salt to taste. Mix well.



Serve with plain rice & dal or tomato saar or simply with Congee. I don't like Congeee. When I was little I would always fight with mum or Mai and sleep hungry. Adrian , Sabu and me we all 3 don't like it so i'm glad I don't have to make Congee ever.

No comments: