Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Super Quick Oats Idly




A very nutritious Breakfast for those kids who don't like porridge. I bet, your kids will not be able to spot the Yeeks ingredient in here. They are soft and delicious. A new addition to your breakfast list.

I was waiting to see Sabu's (my daughter) reaction. She can very well identify the Ingredients but this time no way. She kept asking me what is this made of. Finally after she finished her breakfast I told her the secret ingredient and she was like really. It was nice, Okay okay. Thank god she said it was okay. That's like a YES for my new addition to the breakfast list.

2 1/2 Cups Oats
1/2 Cup Semolina
1 Cup Yoghurt
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Eno
2 cups of water


Whisk all the above ingredients to make a smooth batter.

Grease the small idly steel bowls, pour batter.

Steam it in a Idly steamer for 10 Minutes.


Serve with Onion Tomato Chutney. I could just eat it plain.

Onion Tomato Chutney

1/2 onion
1 red dry chilly
3 big tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
salt to taste

Grind the above to a smooth paste.

Take a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds let it splutter. Add 3-4 curry leaves.


Add the ground puree. Cook on slow flame for 5 minutes.

Chutney is ready to be served.

2 comments:

Sunanda said...

Wow! what a view!! I am drooling dear...

Sunanda's Kitchen

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

Hey dear first time here..u hv a bful blog with stunning pics..hope to hear a word from u too...
Idly is our fav Bfast n this looks deliciousssssss ..any leftovers pls.?..
Sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/