Its been quite some time since I made Channa Masala in this manner. Which also prompted me to put up this recipe. What many of us don’t do is blend or mash the boiled chick peas. When the chick peas are mashed in the blender with left over water in which the chicks were boiled the mushiness and creaminess of the peas stands out and makes the dish really tasty. So do try and it and let me know what you think.
250 gms big chick peas soaked overnight. Boil these till extremely soft. Keep the liquid left from the boiled chick peas.
1/2 tsp. cardamom seeds,
1/2 tsp cloves,
1/2 tsp pepper corns,
1/2 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp cumin seeds,
2 1/2 tbs. oil,
1 tsp chopped green chilies,
1 tbs. chopped ginger,
1 tsp cayenne pepper or red chilli powder.
* 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, 1 tsp. cumin seeds. Mix in a grinder till well powdered.
* Blend a little chick peas in a blender. Mix with the left over liquid till it is pureed. Keep aside.
* Take a wok, heat it and add oil and add to it green chilies, chopped ginger, cayenne pepper, asafetida, turmeric, paprika, coriander powder. Turn off the flame to avoid burning and to it add the ground powder. Add salt.
* Start the flame again and add the boiled chick peas and lime juice. Saute for 6 to 8 min.
* add any leftover liquid and the pureed chick peas. Stir well.
* Add coriander leaves and stir for one minute.
* Serve with Bature or puris.