This special recipe has been given by our forum friend IVY on request. Whoever asked for this recipe are requested to make and bring it for the next meet. Your comments are welcome.
Boneless Chicken 1 Kg
Butter 300 gms
Oil 2 Tablespoons
Onions 4 Medium size
Ginger and garlic paste 2 Tablespoons(ground fresh but little coarse)
Tomatoes 4 Medium size
Tomato paste 1 Tablespoons
Yoghurt 2 Tablespoons
Cream 3 Teaspoons
Coriander Leaves ½ Bunch
Garam Masala 3 Tea spoons
Turmeric Powder 1 Teaspoon
Red Chilli powder 1½ Teaspoons
Honey 1½ Tablespoons(or)Sugar 3 Teaspoons
Salt 3 Teaspoons (according to your taste)
Food color (orange/red)
1 TablespoonCashew Nuts or Almonds 125 gms
Fenugreek leaves (dried)(Kasuri methi) ½ Cup
1) Cut boneless chicken into cubes (according to your choice)
2) Marinade : Pour yoghurt, half garam masala, half chilli powder, half turmeric
powder,½ Tablespoon ginger & garlic paste, 1 ½ teaspoons salt from the
above ingredients and mix with boneless chicken. Marinate it for 1 hour.
3) Take ½ Teaspoon food color and dissolve in 1 Tablespoon of milk and add this
milk to the marinated boneless chicken.
4) Melt 200 gms of butter in a non-stick pan and fry the above marinated
Chicken for 10 to 15 minutes and keep this fried chicken aside
5) Pour 2 Tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan and add sliced onions and fry till
onions become tender (2 to 3 minutes) add 1½ Teaspoons red chilli powder
Half teaspoon turmeric powder, 2½ teaspoons garam masala, 1½ teaspoons
salt. Add 100 gms of cashew nuts or almonds,Coriander Leaves, tomatoes
(cut into pieces), tomato paste And fry for 5 to7 minutes on low flame, after
frying add honey or sugar. Allow these fried ingredients to cool. After cooling
grind and blend the mixture.
6) Pour 75 gms of butter into a vessel and put kasuri methi fry for 2 minutes and add
fried chciken and finally add the ground masala in it and mix well and cook for 15 minutes
on a low flame.
7) Garnish Butter Chicken with cream and fried cashew nuts or almonds.(Take
the balance of 25gms of cashew nuts or almonds and fry them in 25 gms of
Note: Butter chicken can be served with plain paratas, naan or rothi.